Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I am a VERY Blessed Mother!

I am a very blessed mother. As of Monday, November 27, 2006, I now have THREE children who have asked Jesus to forgive them for their sins and to come into their hearts! On Monday the 27th, Chloe asked me to watch the "Jesus movie" with her. I told her that I would watch it with her after dinner. So, after dinner, we went into my bedroom and cuddled under the covers and watched The Jesus Movie for Kids.

Chloe first watched the Jesus movie, as she calls it, in November. In October, she had seen a dramatic, musical mime presentation of Jesus being crucified on the cross. The mime act was done to the music, "Via Dolorosa," which is a very dramatic song. Chloe watched it while sitting on my lap as I whispered in her ear what was happening. In November, following Zach's first Gospel magic show, Chloe started crying inconsolably. I said, "Chloe! What's wrong??" She replied, "Jesus died on the cross AGAIN!" The poor thing wasn't able to process that the story was just being told over again. To her, it was fresh each time. I could tell that she needed to SEE the resurrection, not just hear about it. Her grandfather died last year and he didn't come back. It was hard for her to grasp that Jesus really did!

So, following Zach's Gospel show, I asked him to pull out an Easter theme video for Chloe to watch when they got home. I had to go on to work, so I wasn't able to do it myself. I asked him to watch it with her and answer any questions she had. When I got home, he told me that they had watched the Jesus film for Kids together and that she then watched it a couple of times by herself. The film is excellent, but its almost a mini-Passion of the Christ. It doesn't sugar-coat what happened to Him. This didn't seem to bother Chloe. In fact, maybe it was better for her than a cartoon because it made it more real. Over the following weeks, she often asked to watch the movie. Which led us to Monday evening's viewing . . .

Chloe and I cuddled in bed together and watched the movie. The film depicts a number of children who have witnessed Jesus and his miracles. They talk about what they've seen and heard and also shows how their parents feel about Jesus. There are questions and doubts and ultimate wonderment. At the end of the movie, the child actors speak about the need to make a decision either for or against Jesus. They explain that we are given the opportunity to accept Jesus' gift of forgiveness and eternal life. While they were talking, Chloe looked up at me and said, "Mommy? Will you pray for me to ask Jesus to forgive my sins and come into my heart?" The joy that filled my heart was overwhelming. Chloe and I talked some more about what sin is (anything that you say, do or think that doesn't please God) and what Jesus did for every one of us. Then, she stopped me! She said, "Wait! FIRST we read my stories!" She got out of my bed, brushed her teeth and then got into her bed with her books. We read her stories, said her bedtime prayers and, I thought, that would be it. Maybe she wasn't ready. I certainly wasn't going to push her. This had to be her own decision, not mine. So, as I was kissing her goodnight I told her that when she was ready to have me pray with her to let me know. She looked at me and incredulously said, "I'm ready now!!" So, I prayed with her and she asked Jesus to forgive her sins. I explained to her how the Holy Spirit comes into our hearts to guide us. I also told her that the Angels in Heaven were rejoicing and having a party with God because HER name was now written in the Book of Life! And, then she cuddled down and went to sleep - content in her decision to follow Christ.

**This was in my drafts. I just realized it didn't post yet. Too important to miss posting!!

No comments: